Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Week Forty-six Question: Have You Heard God's Voice?


Has the voice of God come to you directly? Have I been preaching Jesus by a zealous determination to serve Him in my own way?

“If I feel that I have done my duty and yet have hurt Him in doing it, I may be sure it was not my duty, because it has not fostered the meek and quiet spirit, but the spirit of self-satisfaction” - Chambers Jan. 29

My Response:

Have I recognized His voice among all the other voices that call out for my attention? When I serve my Lord, whose face does the world see?

God reaches out in love to a world that loves the sound of its own voice and the sight of its own face.
“The challenge God faces is rescuing a people who have no idea how captive they are; no real idea how desperate they are. We know we long for Eden, but we hesitate to give ourselves back to God in abandoned trust. We are captivated by the lies of our Enemy. But God has something up his sleeve” (Eldredge, John Epic 64).

Father-God, You are active in Your pursuit of me. Help me to stop running.

No comments:

Post a Comment