Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

He Has Won the War


 Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood . . .


Here I am alone, standing

 in the fire. Instead of laying

at Your feet, I’m weary, Lord,

I’m tired. I’ve dropped my sword in battle,

Frightened by the cost, bombarded by my failure,

I fear the war is lost.


No longer able, Lord, to run

I drop upon my knees. I cry

to You, “This burden, Lord, is

just too much for me. I cannot

carry anymore; I cannot bear it, Lord.

It seems I’m just not strong enough

– a casualty of war.”


Amidst my bitter cries, I hear a stirring sound. I look

out of my darkness and see angels all around.

His gentle hand before me, I’m lifted to my feet.

Standing there, forgiven, my sword’s returned to me.


He said:

“Fight on my sweet and weary child, I’ve not forsaken you.

Because you did not trust My Word, your burdens crippled you.

I offer you unceasing rest and strength to stand

once more. Remember do not lose your hope

for I have won the war.”

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment