Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week Eight Question with my Response

Week Eight Question:

Have you ever sought God with your whole heart, or have you only given a languid cry to Him after a twinge of moral neuralgia?  Are you thirsty, or smugly indifferent-so satisfied with your experience that you want nothing more of God? Have you ever been afflicted before God at the state of your inner life?

“Beware of building your faith on experience, the metallic note will come in at once, the censorious note…it is a humbling business to knock at God’s door-you have to knock with the crucified thief.” - Chambers June 10
My Response to Week Eight Question:
Have I ever sought God with my whole heart, or have I only given a languid cry to Him after a twinge of moral neuralgia?  What drives me to my knees? Guilt or conviction?
Am I thirsty, or smugly indifferent-so satisfied with my experience that I want nothing more of God? Have I come to a stagnant state of independent belief – feeling I know all there is to know, satiated by my own agendas, talents, or beliefs?
Have I ever been afflicted before God at the state of my inner life?  The word “afflicted” convicts my sometimes apathetic attitude. How bothered am I? Really?
Father-God, as the deer pants for the water, so my soul longs after You (Ps. 42).

No comments:

Post a Comment