Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week Nine Question with Response

Week Nine Question:

Am I prepared to be so identified with the Lord Jesus that His life and His sweetness are being poured out all the time?

“The first thing God does is to knock pretence and the pious right out of me…God’s love to me is inexhaustible, and I must love others from the bedrock of God’s love to me. Growth in grace stops the moment I get huffed.” Chambers  May 11

My Response to Week Nine Question:

Where does my love come from? What stops my growth? The question is always, “Am I prepared” to allow God to do anything in me. Nothing should be worth an interruption of growth. But it is grace that calls to us, and it is grace that carries us back to the cross.

“Grace strikes us when we are in great pain and restlessness. It strikes us when we walk through the dark valley of a meaningless and empty life. It strikes us when we feel that our separation is deeper than usual … Sometimes at that moment a wave of light breaks into out darkness, and it is as though a voice were saying: “You are accepted.” Paul J. Tillich – from The Shaking of the Foundations

Father-God, I choose You. I choose to be identified with who You are and what You did. I choose to love others with Your inexhaustible love, and I immerse myself in  Your inexhaustible grace.


1 comment:

  1. Love your answer. Usually we are not prepared when God asks us to do THAT!!! Great question to ponder. :O)

    ReplyDelete