Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Week Ten Question

Week Ten Question:

Are you debating whether to take a step in faith in Jesus or to wait until you can see how to do the thing yourself? Are you loyal to Jesus or loyal to your notion of Him? Are you loyal to what He says, or are you trying to compromise with conceptions which never came from Him?

“Loyalty to Jesus means I have to step out where I do not see anything; loyalty to my notions means that I clear the ground first by my intelligence. Faith is not intelligent understanding, faith is deliberate commitment to a Person where I see no way” - Chambers March 28

My Response to Week Ten Question:

Loyalty: faithfulness, devotion, constancy, dependability, fidelity. It is no coincidence that fidelity means the extent to which an electronic device, such as a stereo system or television, accurately reproduces sound or images. Is my devotion to Christ so deep and constant that what the world sees and hears, what I reproduce, accurately portrays the character of my eternal Parent and Lord?

Am I willing to step out when there is no pathway in sight? I am reminded of a song the Lord gave to me years ago:

You called me on the water. “Step out” You said to me. “Set your eyes upon my face and walk courageously. For I will hold your head up and keep you from the sea. Set your eyes upon My face for I have chosen thee.”

On stepping out I heard the wind, my face could feel the waves. I took my eyes off Jesus and sank into the grave. At once, I cried out “Jesus!” for He alone could save. At once, His hand took hold of mine and rescued me that day.

He calls us on the water, “Step out into the deep.” Set your eyes upon His face and walk courageously. For He will hold your head up and keep you faithfully. Set your eyes on Jesus for He has chosen thee.

Father-God, I am spending too much time in the shallows. You call me to step out into the deep where my dependence on You is essential for life. I make a deliberate commitment to walk when I cannot see, to wait when I want to run ahead of You, and to cling to the Truth of who You really are.


No comments:

Post a Comment