Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week Twelve Question

Week Twelve Question:

Am I as full of the extravagance of love to Jesus Christ as I was in the beginning, when I went out of my way to prove my devotion to Him? Does He find me recalling the time when I did not care for anything but Himself? Am I there now, or have I become wise over loving Him? Am I so in love with Him that I take no account of where I go? Or am I watching for the respect due to me; weighing how much service I ought to give?

“God is saying to His people-You are not in love with Me now, but I remember the time when you were…” - Chambers Jan. 21

My Response to Week Twelve Question:

"'I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me and followed me through the desert, through a land not sown” or as The Message puts it: "GOD's Message! I remember your youthful loyalty, our love as newlyweds. You stayed with me through the wilderness years, stuck with me through all the hard places.”
Do I have a relationship with God where my love for Him is as passionate and intense as a newlywed? Did I once? God remembers – He longs for intimacy. I remember, too, when I first got saved – a Jesus freak – young without wisdom, but full of first-love passion. I would go anywhere - do anything for my Jesus, my Lord.

Father-God, I renew my vows to You – recommit my sometimes listless heart – and follow You through this desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment