Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Week Eighteen Question


Week Eighteen Question:

Have you been bolstering up that stupid soul of your with the idea that your circumstances are too much for God? It sounds so easy to talk about “resting in the Lord” and “waiting patiently for Him” until the nest is upset-until we live, as so many are doing, in tumult and anguish, is it possible then to rest in the Lord?

“Resting in the Lord does not depend on external circumstances at all, but on your relationship to God Himself. All our fret and worry is caused by calculating without God” - Chambers July 4

My Response:

There is nothing about my life that God does not know – nothing. There is also nothing that touches my life that God does not approve – nothing.

Am I willing to accept His rest when everything around me is in chaos?

Am I willing to believe that He can walk on my raging seas, to step into my boat and sit beside my fears?

And am I willing to receive the “message in the storm” when the waves are high and the skies are dark and ominous? Willing to listen and learn, even if I don’t understand?

Father-God, Lord of the “all” of my life, You are there. You are able. And You are willing.




No comments:

Post a Comment