Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Week Twenty-One Question


Am I allowing my natural life to be slowly transfigured by the indwelling life of the Son of God?

“God’s trust is that He gives me Himself as a babe. God expects my personal life to be a “Bethlehem.” God’s ultimate purpose is that His Son might be manifested in my mortal flesh.” – Chambers May 31

My Response:

My life a Bethlehem – the place where God is born in me. Jesus manifested in and through me. The starting place. But to what end? There is a novel titled Blessed Child by Ted Dekker. In it friends of a famous, terminally ill evangelist have brought Caleb, a very unique child, to come and pray over him for his healing.

This man says, “Miraculous or not, walking in the Spirit means stepping into the kingdom of God, and most Christians aren’t willing to walk there. They enter the kingdom at their rebirth but they take few steps. Those who do walk in the kingdom have far more power than you would ever guess. It might not be the straightening of bent spines…but believe me, the power of the spirit-filled man is quite stunning. Whoever said that a straightened hand was more dramatic than a healed heart anyway? You’re just not seeing the rest of it with your eyes-the fruits of the spirit, the power of love, the color of peace. What you need is to have your eyes opened.”

Lord, open my eyes to what it means to live out the fruits of the spirit - to give out the fruits of the spirit. Transfigure my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment