Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Week Thirty-one Question

Do I believe I need to be holy? Do I believe God can come into me and make me holy?

“The destined end of man is not happiness, nor health, but holiness. The preaching of the gospel awakens an intense resentment because it must reveal that I am unholy; but it also awakens an intense craving. God is not an eternal blessing-machine for men; He did not to save men out of pity: He came to save men because He created them to be holy. The Atonement means that God can put me back into perfect union with Himself, without a shadow between, through the Death of Jesus Christ” - Chambers September 1
My Response:

I remember the first time I read the words in 1 Peter 1:16: “Be holy because I am holy” (originally from Leviticus). Growing up as I did attending church every Sunday, holiness was a word used to describe God, Jesus and the Saints. But me? I was to be holy?

Not until I came into a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and understood the meaning behind His sacrifice on the cross did I accept it was not what I did that made me holy – but what He did.

Do I have an intense craving for God’s holiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment