Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Week Thirty Question:


Is Jesus Christ Lord of your experiences, or do you try to hold it over Him? Is any experience dearer to you than your Lord?

“When I am born again, the Spirit of God takes me right out of myself and my experiences, and identifies me with Jesus Christ. If I am left with my experiences, my experiences have not been produced by Redemption. The proof that they are produced by Redemption is that I am led out of myself all the time. I no longer pay any attention to my experiences as the ground of Reality, but only to the Reality which produced the experiences. Never nourish an experience which has not God as its Source and faith in God as its result” - Chambers December 21

My Response:

There is a tendency to seek out, elevate and then immortalize the experiences we have. Even those we have with the Lord can displace Him as the center. If I say that something is real because I have had an experience is to teeter on the edge of existentialism.

Father-God, may I never replace or confuse You with the experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment