Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Week Twenty-eight Question:


Are we playing the spiritual amateur providence in other lives? Are we so noisy in our instruction of others that God cannot get anywhere near them?

“We have to keep our mouths shut and our spirits alert. God wants to instruct us in regard to His Son, He wants to turn our times of prayer into mounts of transfiguration, and we will not let Him. He works where He sends us to wait” - Chambers August 1

My Response:

Does my agenda for others’ lives infiltrate my intercession for them? Lord, I need You to search out the deep things of my heart. This is my prayer:

Search me, oh God, and know my heart. Test me and know my anxious mind.

Search me, oh God, and know my heart. Show me where I'm blind.

Seek out the bitter ways in me that hold my aching heart.

Lead me in Your everlasting ways that lead to where you are.

You know when I rise and when I leave.

You know every time I've been deceived.

Before it began deep in the womb, You loved me even then.

If I should rise upon the wings of dawn or leave and go astray.

I could never run far from Your love or from Your wondrous ways.

Seek out the bitter ways in me that hold my aching heart.

Lead me in Your everlasting ways that lead to where You are.

Search me, oh God, and know my heart. Test me and know my anxious mind.

Search me, oh God, and know my heart.

Show me where I'm blind.

"For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful; I know them full well." Ps. 139: 13-14


























1 comment:

  1. Jody,

    Thank you for once again speaking to my heart with just the right verse with an Oswald Chambes' quote as the cherry on top. Keep writing! You are such a blessing to us all.

    Lisa M Buske
    http://lisabuske.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete