Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week Twenty-six Question:


Is the relationship between myself and God getting simpler than ever it has been?

“It is not true to say that God wants to teach us something in our trials: through every cloud He brings, He wants us to unlearn something. His purpose in the cloud is to simplify our belief until our relationship to Him is exactly that of a child-God and my own soul, other people are shadows” - Chambers July 29

My Response:

It’s hard to believe we are halfway through our year-long quest with Oswald Chambers. How would I describe my relationship with God - simply trusting or simply exhausted? John Eldridge writes: “How is God wooing us through flat tires, bounced checks, and rained-out picnics? What is he after as we face cancer, sexual struggles, and abandonment? Does knowing that we are his beloved make any difference at all? Would recognizing Satan’s temptations and our less-wild lovers help us to live as freer men and women? What difference does all this make, anyhow? The short answer is it gives us a way of seeing that reveals life for the romantic journey it truly is.”

Do I view my walk with God as a romantic journey, or do I view my relationship as a jumble of duties, doctrines, and doubts (oh my)?

Father-God, help me to unlearn the world and learn the Truth of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment