Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week Thirty-eight Question


Are we alone with Him now, or are we taken up with little fussy notions, fussy comradeships in God’s service, fussy ideas about our bodies?

“There are whole tracts of stubbornness and ignorance to be revealed by the Holy Spirit in each one of us, and it can only be done when Jesus gets us alone” - Chambers Jan. 13

My Response:

Getting alone with Jesus should trump getting together with, well, anyone. Could it be that we all too often cling to the dense busyness of our groups (not that groups are bad or wrong or unhelpful) instead of the single stillness of the One?

Where are my priorities? My desires? Could it be that the “fussiness” that distracts me comes because I have traded the stillness of the One for the busyness of the many?

Father-God, may I always answer the call to go deeper – to be alone with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment