Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week Thirty-six Question


Are you willing to be offered for the work of the faithful-to pour out your life blood as a libation on the sacrifice for the faith of others? Are you willing to spend and be spent; not seeking to be ministered unto, but to minister?

“…do you say-“I am not going to be offered up just yet, I do not want God to choose my work. I want to choose the scenery of my own sacrifice.” – Chambers Feb. 5

My Response:

As I reread this question, I couldn’t help but notice the date – February 5th. Feb. 5th, 1972 was the day I received Christ as my Lord and Savior. Hard to believe all that time has gone by – but isn’t that what everyone says? Where did the time go? As if time itself is to blame for its fleeting nature.

But the real question is am I as willing to be offered up for the work as I was those first days, months, years? Or have I instead chosen the scene of my own sacrifice?

It is good to reflect on the past sometimes – not to dwell there or long for its pull, but as the 70’s Christian band, Petra, used to sing: “Sometimes it’s good to look back down. We’ve come so far, we’ve gained such ground. But joy is not in where we’ve been. Joy is who’s waiting at the end” (from The Road to Zion).

Father-God, spend me as You will.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment