Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week Thirty-five Question


Can you trust Jesus Christ where your common sense cannot trust Him? What is your faith up against right now?

“Faith must be tested, because it can be turned into a personal possession only through conflict. Faith is unutterable trust in God, trust which never dreams that He will not stand by us” - Chambers August 29

My Response:

“Unutterable trust.” No doubts. There is a story about a tight-rope walker who drew crowds with his incredible feats. One day, crowds came to watch what they were certain was this man’s final performance – he had stretched a rope across a wide chasm, miles above the canyon’s jagged floor.

The crowds gasped with delight as the man repeatedly walked back and forth across the thin rope. They cheered as he did acrobatic tricks without so much as a falter.

The man addressed the crowd: “Now for my greatest trick. I will push this wheelbarrow across to the other side and return.” Everyone held their breath as the man carefully crossed to the other side and returned. “Bravo!” they shouted. “You are the greatest performer the world has ever seen!” exclaimed one man in the front. The rope-walker approached his admirer.

“So you believe I am the greatest?”

“Yes. I have seen with my own eyes what you can do” said the excited man.

“Well then. Do you believe I can put a man in this wheelbarrow and push him across, too?”

“Absolutely. I know you can.”

“So you trust that I will succeed?”

“Yes. With all my heart.”

“Good. Then get in.”

The crowd was silent as the realization hit the man – he was to be the one in the wheelbarrow. He was the one who had to put his complete trust and faith in the rope-walker’s ability. What should he do?

What would you do? Have you personally seen God in other’s lives and thought, “Yes. I believe He can do what He says.” Good.

Now God is asking you, “Get in.”

Father-God, I believe. Lord, help my unbelief.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment