Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Week Forty-One Question: What does God prize?


Am I as spontaneously kind to God as I used to be, or am I only expecting God to be kind to me? Am I full of the little things that cheer His heart over me, or am I whimpering because things are going hardly with me? How much kindness have I shown Him this past week? Have I been kind to His reputation in my life?

“There is no joy in the soul that has forgotten what God prizes” - Chambers Jan. 21

My Response:

What does it mean to be kind to God’s reputation in my life? Do I even think about it? Or worse – do I even care about it? Could my lack of joy simply be related to a lapse in loyalty to what God desires for me – desires in me? Or am I just a fair-weather friend of God, viewing Him kindly only when my life is easy?

Father-God, Your will, not mine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment