Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Week Forty Question


Am I putting God in the humiliating position of having treated me as a child of His while all the time I have been ignoring Him?

“We show how little we love God by preferring to listen to His servants only. We like to listen to personal testimonies, but we do not desire that God Himself should speak to us.” - Chambers Feb. 12

My Response:

I’m reminded of a song my Michael Card titled The Final Word:
“You and me we use so very many clumsy words. The noise of what we often say is not worth being heard. When the Father’s wisdom wanted to communicate His love, He spoke it in one final perfect Word.
He spoke the incarnation and then so was born the Son. His final Word was Jesus – He needed no other one. Spoke flesh and blood so He could bleed and make the world divine. And so was born the baby who would die to make it mine."

God has spoken to us – He has given us the Word. Are we listening?

Father-God, I open my mind, my ears, my heart. Let Yours be the first voice I not just hear, but the first one I listen to.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment