Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Week Forty-two Question


Have we by the Spirit the unspeakable certainty that Jesus had about prayer, or do we think of the times when God does not seem to have answered prayer? Do we expect God to answer prayer?

“If we think of prayer as the breath in our lungs and the blood from our hearts, we think rightly. The blood flows ceaselessly, and breathing continues ceaselessly; we are not conscious of it, but it is always going on…prayer is not an exercise, it is the life” - Chambers May 26

My Response:

Do I view prayer as something I do or something I am? Spiritual communication is beyond the limitations and scope of human communication – not dependent on the sounds coming out of my mouth nor the non-verbal movements of my body.

The breath in my lungs – the taking in and out of life – and the blood coursing through my heart – the almost “matter-of-fact” pumping day in and day out without my exerting effort. The air and the blood, the spirit and the sacrifice, yielding up ceaseless, often wordless prayers to the One who ever hears.

Father-God, “You are the air I breathe.”  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment